The FCA has published its policy development update covering key publications issued since the last update as well as forthcoming publications and their expected publication dates.
Of key interest are the following:
- Regulatory fees and levies: policy proposals for 2017/18 – This is likely to be of relevance to, among others, fee-payers impacted by PSD, benchmark administrators and applicants for FCA authorisation. The proposal is expected to be published in November 2016.
- Smarter Consumer Communications: Removing certain ineffective requirements in the Handbook – PS to CP15/32 – This is likely to impact the wider financial services industry. The policy statement is expected to be published in the Autumn of 2016.
- Implementation of the Benchmarks Regulation – Consultation paper – This is likely to be of relevance to banks, other firms in general as well as benchmark administrators and benchmark contributors. The expected publication date for this consultation is February 2017.
- Proposed implementation of the Enforcement Review and the Green Report – PS to CP16/10 – This is likely to be of relevance to all firms and individuals involved in providing financial services. The policy statement is expected to be published in Q4 2016.
- Updating and clarifying consumer credit reporting provisions – Consultation paper – This is likely to impact all consumer credit firms. The consultation is expected to be launched in October 2016.