On December 11th 2014, Call for Bidders No. CNH-R01-C01/2014 2014 was published in Mexico’s federal official gazette. The CNH is inviting interested domestic and international private companies as well as productive state-owned companies, to participate in Round One bids for hydrocarbon exploration and extraction contracts.
During this Round One stage, CNH will tender 14 contractual areas of exploration and extraction of hydrocarbons in shallow waters, off the coastlines of Veracruz, Tabasco and Campeche respectively.
The bidding rules for the different contractual areas were also published on December 11, 2014 (the “Bidding Rules”). The Bidding Rules contain the minimum technical, financial and experience requirements that interested parties must meet in order to participate in Round One. Please note that the contractual modality that will be used for the agreements related to this call for bidders, will be “production-sharing”.
Below are the most relevant dates included under the Bidding Rules, related to Round One:
- December 11, 2014 – March 16, 2015: Payment of registration fees and pre-qualification scheduling.
- December 11, 2014 – March 31, 2015: Submission of pre-qualification documents.
- December 11, 2014 – April 23, 2015: Review by CNH of pre-qualification documents.
- April 27, 2015 – Publication of the list of pre-qualified parties of the bidding process.
- December 11, 2014 – March 16, 2015: Requests to access Data Room.
- January 15, 2015 – July 14, 2014: Access to Data Room.
- December 11, 2014 – February 25, 2015: First clarification stage (the deadline to submit questions is February 20, 2015).
- December 11, 2014 – March 11, 2015: Second clarification stage (the deadline to submit questions is March 5, 2015).
- April 28, 2015 – June 15, 2015: Third clarification stage (the deadline to submit questions is June 1st, 2015).
- June 15, 2015: Publication of the final version of the Bidding Rules.
- July 15, 2015: Submission and opening of proposals.
- July 17, 2015 (limit date): Awarding.
- August 21, 2015: Execution of agreements.
It is important to note that parties interested in participating in Round One and performing hydrocarbons exploration and extraction activities must demonstrate their prior experience in at least three exploration and extraction projects. Also, they must demonstrate holding equity of at least 1,000 million USD.
Pursuant the Bidding Rules, interested parties may submit proposals in up to 5 of the 14 contractual areas to be tendered.
The Bidding Rules may be consulted in the web page authorized by the CNH for such purpose (in Spanish), www.ronda1.gob.mx