On 4 September 2015 the Ministry of Economic Affairs announced the latest amendment to the List of Prohibited Product Categories for Investment or Technical Cooperation in Mainland China by the Manufacturing Industry with immediate effect. The major amendment is that, subject to being in compliance with the required review principles and procedures, the following items are open for investment by Taiwan companies and individuals in mainland China:
- Production of only 12" or below wafers by the establishment of a new company or enterprise in mainland China, subject to quota control.
- Testing and packing of semiconductors with a single investment amount exceeding US$50 million.
- Manufacturing of TFT-LCDs of at least the 6th generation by establishment of a new company or enterprise in mainland China.
- Manufacturing of TFT-LCDs by acquisition of the shareholding of an existing company or enterprise in mainland China.
- Manufacturing of petro-chemical products.