Representative Sabin introduced House Bill (“HB”) 2027 which is titled The Arkansas Distributed Generation Act of 2017.
The purpose of HB 2027 is to:
- Increase the use of renewable energy resources in the state
- Regulate the use of distributed generation contracts
The bill would amend Arkansas Code Title 23, Chapter 18 to add an additional subchapter (11).
A focus of the legislation appears to be a requirement that electric utilities “include renewable energy resources as an integral part of their energy portfolios.”
The bill includes defining terms such as:
- Distributed generation contract
- Electric utility
- Renewable electric generation facility
- Renewable energy generation credit
- Renewable energy resource
Also addresses are requirements for distributed generation contracts, net metering facilities, interconnection, and cost recovery.
The bill has been referred to the Joint Committee on Energy.