The Migration Advisory Committee (“MAC”) today launched a call for evidence to enable them to review and report back to the Government on various issues around the Tier 2 Codes of Practice.
The call for evidence follows on from the Minister for Immigration’s request for the MAC to:
- update the list of occupations skilled to National Qualifications Framework 6 to reflect the new SOC 2010 occupation.
- advise on the design of the Codes of Practice Framework including:
- how the Codes of Practice should be divided between sectors and occupations;
- whether the current codes could be simplified or streamlined;
- whether and how the consistency of approach across different sectors and occupations could be improved; and
- how often and in what manner the Codes of Practice should be updated.
- advise on the minimum appropriate salary rate for occupations and (as appropriate) job titles, taking into account the minimum salary threshold for the Tier 2 route and identifying, where necessary, separate occupation specific minimum salaries for both new entrants and experienced employees.
- advise on what the appropriate advertising medium (in addition to advertising in Jobcentre Plus) should be for occupations and job titles to satisfy the “Resident Labour Market Test.”
You can view a copy of the call for evidence document here (click on the link). This provides some background information on the MAC commission and also sets out the more detailed sub-questions that the Committee are asking in order to develop a full response. Responses to the call for evidence must be received by Friday 27 July 2012.