On January 8, 2015, the U.S. International Trade Commission ("Commission") issued a press release announcing their vote to institute an investigation of Certain Wireless Headsets (Inv. No. 337-TA-943).
The investigation is based on a December 8, 2014 complaint and December 24, 2014 supplement to the complaint filed by One-E-Way, Inc. of Pasadena, California alleging violation of Section 337 in the importation into the U.S. and sale of certain wireless headsets that infringe one or more claims of U.S. Patent Nos. 7,865,258 and 8,131,391. See our January 8, 2015 post for more details on the complaint.
According to the Notice of Investigation, the Commission has identified the following as respondents in this matter:
- Sony Corp. of Japan
- Sony Corp. of America of New York, New York
- Sony Electronics, Inc. of San Diego, California
- Sennheiser Electronic GmbH & Co. KG of Germany
- Sennheiser Electronic Corp. of Old Lyme, Connecticut
- BlueAnt Wireless Pty, Ltd. of Australia
- BlueAnt Wireless, Inc. of Chicago, Illinois
- Creative Technology Ltd. of Singapore
- Creative Labs, Inc. of Milpitas, California
- Beats Electronics, LLC of Culver City, California
- Beats Electronics International Ltd. of Ireland
- Jawbone, Inc. of San Francisco, California
- GN Netcom A/S d/b/a Jabra of Denmark
Lastly, Chief ALJ Bullock issued a notice indicating that Thomas B. Pender will be the presiding Administrative Law Judge in this matter.