Australian Taxation Office
September 2015 edition of TaxTalk Monthly is now available. This month's featured articles include:
- ATO continues to build scrutiny on property developers
- ATO updates its anti-avoidance practice statement: submissions due 25 September
- Australian Trusted Trader: can your trade be trusted?
- Countdown to the ATO's first Tax Transparency Report
- Federal Court provides guidance on legal professional privilege and inter-company communications
- You cannot tax what you cannot see: Senate Economics References Committee releases Interim Report
TaxTalk also includes a monthly roundup of developments in corporate tax, employment tax, indirect tax, international tax, superannuation, legislative updates and other news updates.
This LegalTalk Alert highlights ASIC's latest report on the regulation of corporate finance for the period 1 January 2015 to 30 June 2015. The report provides some useful insights into ASIC’s supervision of recent public fundraising and mergers and acquisitions activity, and serves as a useful reminder of companies’ legal obligations when implementing major transactions.
Bank Deposits Tax
The Government yesterday announced that the bank deposits tax proposed by the former Government will not go ahead in line with the recommendation from the Financial System Inquiry. Read more in the transcript of a press conference with the Prime Minister and Treasurer announcing the decision.