The Committee of European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Supervisors (CEIOPS) has published its draft work programme 2010 and draft 3L3 work programme 2010.
The work programmes cover:
- Convergence, in respect of the development of a common European supervisory culture.
- Financial stability in the context of the (re)insurance and occupational sectors of the EU.
- Consumer protection.
- Transition to the new EU supervisory architecture, to include CEIOPS’s successor authority, the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA).
- Insurance, in respect of Solvency II.
- Group issues under the current Insurance Groups Directive.
- Equivalence, in respect of third countries and the Solvency II regime.
- Occupational pensions and the implementation of the Directive on the activities of Institutions for Occupational Retirement Provision (IORP).
- Financial stability.
CEIOPS also intends to work in the areas of accounting standards, in conjunction with the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and international relations, particularly with regard to Solvency II.
View Draft CEIOPS work programme 2010 and Draft 3L3 Work Programme 2010, 29 October 2009