Australian Taxation Office
New or updated materials on ATO website, including:
- Withdrawn PS LA 2014/1 (GA): Lodgment opportunity for family trust and interposed entity elections
- Updated: Matters under consultation (administration) by the ATO including updates to existing consultation matters and the following new matters: Marketing Hubs - practical guide, and Improved Tax Compliance - enhanced third party reporting, pre-filling and data matching
- Daily and monthly foreign exchange rates for July 2015
August 2015 edition of TaxTalk Monthly is now available. This month's feature articles include:
- 2015-16 State Budgets: Stamp Duty Wrap up
- ATO Risk and Governance Guide – an opportunity for taxpayers to lower their ATO risk profile
- The China Australia free trade agreement: The ins, the outs and the future
- FATCA: It’s only the tip of the iceberg
- Government moves forward with plans to impose withholding tax on sale of real property by foreign residents
- Report examines ATO’s Debt Collection Strategy in light of escalating debt
- Raising GST vs Personal Income Tax: which is better for the economy?
TaxTalk also includes a monthly roundup of developments in corporate tax, employment tax, indirect tax (including GST and customs update), international tax, superannuation, legislative updates and other news updates.
Notice of Substituted Rates of Excise Duty for alcohol and certain petroleum products effective from 1 August 2015.