- The required effective date for new federal interstate access tariffs is July 3, 2012. On June 5, 2012, the Wireline Competition Bureau of the FCC released DA 12-870 in the Connect America docket to clarify a number of issues relating to the step-down of intrastate rates. It grants a waiver of the previous deadline of July 1, 2012 for interstate access rates. The FCC is encouraging state commissions to issue a similar extension for intrastate switched access tariff filings. A copy of DA 12-870 may be found here. (WC Docket No. 10-90)
- Local exchange carriers (LECs) operating in Iowa are required to update their intrastate switched access tariffs to comply with the Connect America Order (FCC 11-161). In this filing, LECs are required to step-down their intrastate access rates to 50% of the difference between the LEC’s intrastate access rates and interstate access rates. The Iowa Utilities Board (IUB) has set a timeline for these filings in order that the new access rates are effective July 1, 2012. LECs that believe their current intrastate access tariffs comply with the Connect America plan are required to file a letter with the IUB by July 1, 2012, explaining how their existing tariff is in compliance. A copy of the order can be found here. IAC-2012-2214.
- The Maryland Public Service Commission (MD PSC) has ordered all facilities-based LECs to update their intrastate tariffs to reflect the implementation of the Connect America Order’s Internet-protocol (IP) traffic provisions in the Connect America Order (FCC 11-161) by July 1, 2012. These provisions allow LECs to charge switched access charges for all IP-related traffic at interstate rates. The MD PSC warned that LECs that do not make these filings in a timely manner may be out of compliance and will not be allowed to charge for intrastate switched access until their revised tariff is approved by the MD PSC. A copy of the MD PSC notice can be found here. The Connect America Order may be found here.
- The Universal Service contribution factor for the third quarter of 2012 is 15.7%. A copy of the Public Notice announcing the rate can be found here. (DA 12-917)
Register Now As you are not an existing subscriber please register for your free daily legal newsfeed service.Register
If you have any questions about the service please contact email@example.com or call Lexology Customer Services on +44 20 7234 0606.
- Arent Fox LLP
- Ross A. Buntrock , Jonathan E. Canis , Michael B. Hazzard and Katherine Barker Marshall
- June 18 2012
If you are interested in submitting an article to Lexology, please contact Andrew Teague at firstname.lastname@example.org.
”Lexology is a useful and informative tool. I keep copies of relevant articles and often forward them to colleagues. Although I do not know all of the authors/firms, by reading their articles I do gain an understanding of...
”Lexology is a useful and informative tool. I keep copies of relevant articles and often forward them to colleagues. Although I do not know all of the authors/firms, by reading their articles I do gain an understanding of their appreciation of a topic, and should the need arise I would not hesitate to contact them on those topics.”
Legal Department Administrator
Jovian Capital Corporation