The 2016 editions of the Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) contracts are scheduled for publication later this year, starting with the minor works contracts. Key changes include:
- incorporating provisions (with updating) from the JCT Public Sector Supplement and provisions relating to the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations;
- amendments to reflect the Public Contracts Regulations 2015;
- amendments to reflect fair payment principles and to simplify and consolidate the payment provisions, including a new procedure for prompt assessment of loss and expense claims;
- provisions for the grant of performance bonds and parent company guarantees;
- provisions for the granting of third-party rights by subcontractors, as an alternative to warranties;
- enabling alternative solutions to Option C existing structures cover issues; and
- incorporating (where appropriate) the provisions of the JCT 2012 Named Specialist Update.
More details of the changes are promised nearer to publication dates.
For further information on this topic please contact Chris Fellowes at Mayer Brown International LLP by telephone (+44 20 3130 3000) or email (email@example.com). The Mayer Brown International LLP website can be accessed at www.mayerbrown.com.
This article was first published by the International Law Office, a premium online legal update service for major companies and law firms worldwide. Register for a free subscription.