Senate Legislative Activity
The Senate will meet on Tuesday, July 7, at 2:30pm. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to the consideration of Calendar #63, S.1177, the Every Child Achieves Act of 2015. At 5:30pm, the Senate will vote on confirmation of Executive Calendar #81, the nomination of Kara Farnandez Stoll, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Federal Circuit.
House Legislative Activity
On Monday, July 6, the House is not in session. On Tuesday, July 7, the House will meet at 12:00pm for morning hour and at 2:00pm for legislative business, with votes postponed until 6:30pm. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 907 – United States-Jordan Defense Cooperation Act of 2015, as amended;
- Concur in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 91 – Veteran’s I.D. Card Act; and
- H.R. 1531 – Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
The House will also continue Consideration of H.R. 2822 – Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016 (Modified Open Rule). The Rule provides for no further general debate and makes in order any amendment offered that complies with the House rules. Additionally, the Rule provides for 10 minutes of debate per amendment – which will be equally divided between the proponent and an opponent – as well as up to 10 pro forma amendments for the purpose of debate offered by the Chair and Ranking Member or their designee. Members with amendments should be prepared to offer them on Tuesday.
On Wednesday and Thursday, July 8 and 9, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and at 12:00pm for legislative business. On Friday, July 10, the House will meet at 9:00am for legislative business, with last votes expected by 3:00pm. The House will consider:
- H.R. 2822 – Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016 (Modified Open Rule);
- H.R. 5 – Student Success Act, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule);
- H.R. 2647 – Resilient Federal Forests Act of 2015, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule); and
- H.R. 6 – 21st Century Cures Act, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule)
The House may also consider a motion to go to conference on H.R. 644 – Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act.