On January 21, 2015, the U.S. International Trade Commission ("Commission") issued a press release announcing their vote to institute an investigation of Certain Ink Cartridges (Inv. No. 337-TA-946).
The investigation is based on a December 23, 2014 complaint filed by Epson Portland Inc. of Hillsboro, Oregon, Epson America, Inc. of Long Beach, California, and Seiko Epson Corp. of Japan alleging violation of Section 337 in the importation into the U.S. and sale of certain unauthorized, aftermarket ink cartridges and components thereof that infringe one or more claims of U.S. Patent Nos. 8,366,233; 8,454,116; 8,794,749; 8,801,163; and 8,882,513. See our December 29, 2014 post for more details on the complaint.
According to the Notice of Investigation, the Commission has identified the following entities as respondents in this matter:
- Zhuhai Nano Digital Technology Co., Ltd. of China
- Nano Business & Technology, Inc. of Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Zhuhai National Resources & Jingjie Imaging Products Co., Ltd. of China
- Huebon Co., Ltd. of Hong Kong
- Chancen Co., Ltd. of Hong Kong
- Zhuhai Rich Imaging Technology Co., Ltd. of China
- Shanghai Orink Infotech International Co., Ltd. of China
- Orink Infotech International Co., Ltd. of Hong Kong
- Zinyaw LLC of Houston, Texas
- Yotat Group Co., Ltd. of Hong Kong
- Yotat (Zhuhai) Technology Co., Ltd. of China
- Ourway Image Co., Ltd. of China
- Kingway Image Co., Ltd. of China
- Zhuhai Chinamate Technology Co., Ltd. of China
- InkPro2day, LLC of Los Angeles, California
- Dongguan OcBestjet Printer Consumables Co., Ltd. of China
- OcBestjet Printer Consumables (HK) Co., Ltd. of Hong Kong
- Aomya Printer Consumables (Zhuhai) Co., Ltd. of China
- Zhuhai Richeng Development Co., Ltd. d/b/a Richeng Technology of China
Lastly, Chief ALJ Bullock issued a notice indicating that Dee Lord will be the presiding Administrative Law Judge in this matter.