Yodlee, Inc. v. Plaid Technologies, Inc., C.A. No. 14-1445-LPS, January 15, 2016.
Stark, C.J. Claim construction opinion issues regarding nineteen terms from seven patents. A Markman hearing took place on November 17, 2015
The disputed technology relates to internet data gathering technology. The following terms were considered:
- "Internet Portal" and "Internet Portal System"
- "In an Internet Portal system, a method for gathering data specific to a person from a an Internet Portal from a plurality of internet sites storing data specific to that person, the method comprising the steps of:"
- “list of addresses of Internet sites [associated with a specific person, which sites store information specific to the person]”
- “gatherer” “gather[ing] agent” “gathering spitware agent”, “path agents”
- “authenticating too each site accessed as the person” “authenticating to the sites as the person”
- “gathering cycle”
- “end user”
- “protocol for instruction the processor how to access the securely stored personal information via the network”
- "personal information store" \ [the processor storing the retrieved personal information in a] personal information store [for access by the selected end user]", [storing the retrieved personal information in a] personal information store", "a personal information store [for storing personal information associated with each end user retrieved from the information providers]", "[storing the retrieved personal information in the] personal information store [for accessible to the selected end user]"
- “provider store”
- “formatted web elements”
- “end user data including information identifying the plurality of information providers securely storing the personal information relating to the end user”, “user store[for storing end user data associated with each user, the user store including information identifying the plurality of information providers securely storing the personal information relating to the end user”
- “[defining component tasks based on] pre-programed client-related data ‘by software executing on the Internet-connected subscription server]”
- “communication the final results to the client at the client station:
- "client profiles […including date relative to information destination on the Internet for a specific client]”
- “transmitting the information ‘for the client device for presentation in the format for an Internet browser application] according to the client profiles”
- “translating the information into a format compatible with an application, other than an Internet browser application, executable on the client device"; "transforming the record into a second data form specific to an application other than an Internet browser application, the application executable by a digital appliance operated by the client connectable server"
- "Transmitting the information for the client device for presentation;” “transmitting the transformed record to the digital appliance for display:"
- "a collection function automatically navigating to and retrieving transaction information associated with a specific person or enterprise from third party Internet-connected web sites and gathering information concerning transactions"; "automatically navigating to and retrieving transaction information associated with a specific person or enterprise from third-party Internet connected web sites and gathering information concerning transactions by a collection function of the proprietary software said information"; "a collector function of the software, the collector function navigating to one or more network information sites and retrieving there from financial transaction information regarding the expenditures associated with a specific person or enterprise"; "navigating to one or more network information sites by a collector software function executing from memory of an Internet-connected server and retrieving therefrom financial transaction information regarding expenditures associated with a specific person or enterprise"