Senate Legislative Activity
The Senate will meet on Monday, October 26, at 3:o0pm. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of S.754, Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act of 2015. At 5:00pm, the Senate will enter Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #140, Lawrence Joseph Vilardo, of New York, to be U.S. District Judge for the Western District of New York. At 5:30pm, there will be a roll call vote on confirmation of the Vilardo nomination.
On Tuesday, October 27, the post-cloture time on Burr-Feinstein substitute amendment #2716 will be considered expired and, at 11:00am, the Senate will vote in relation to the following amendments:
- Wyden amendment #2621, as modified;
- Heller amendment #2548, as modified;
- Leahy amendment #2587, as modified;
- Flake amendment #2582; and
- Franken amendment #2612, as further modified
Following disposition of the Franken amendment, the Senate will recess until 2:15pm for the weekly caucus meetings, with the time from 2:15pm until 4:00pm equally divided. At 4:00pm, the Senate will hold roll call votes on the following:
- Coons amendment #2552;
- Cotton amendment #2581, as modified;
- Burr-Feinstein amendment #2716, as amended, if amended;
- Motion to invoke cloture on S.754, as amended; and
- Passage of S.754, as amended
House Legislative Activity
On Monday, October 26, the House will meet at 12:00pm for morning hour and at 2:00pm for legislative business, with votes postponed until 6:30pm. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 3033 – Research Excellence and Advancements for Dyslexia (READ) Act, as amended
On Tuesday and Wednesday, October 27-28, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and 12:00pm for legislative business. On Thursday, October 29, the House will meet at 9:00am for legislative business, with last votes expected by 3:00pn. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- Concur in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 623 – DHS Social Media Improvement Act of 2015;
- H.R. 3819 – Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2015;
- H.R. 455 – Northern Border Security Review Act, as amended;
- H.R. 1317 – To amend the Commodity Exchange Act and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 to specify how clearing requirements apply to certain affiliate transactions, and for other purposes;
- H.R. 3032 – Securities and Exchange Commission Reporting Modernization Act of 2015;
- S. 2036– Equity in Government Compensation Act of 2015; and
- H.R. 2643– State Licensing Efficiency Act of 2015
The House will also consider H.R. 1090 – Retail Investor Protection Act, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule), as well as Legislation Related to the Debt Limit. It is possible that other legislative items will be added to the agenda.
Separately, this week the House Republican Caucus will hold a secret ballot vote for Speaker on Wednesday, October 28, with a vote by the full House slated for Thursday, October 29. It is presently expected that Representative Paul Ryan (R-WI) will be elected as the next Speaker of the House.
On Friday, October 30, no votes are expected in the House.