Several Congressional committees have held hearings recently on health policy issues, including:
- A House Energy and Commerce Health Subcommittee hearing on the Medicaid and CHIP Federal Medical Assistance Percentage formula.
- House Ways and Means Committee, Senate Finance Committee, and Energy and Commerce Committee hearings on President Obama’s proposed FY 2017 HHS budget request.
- A Senate Finance Committee hearing on “Examining the Opioid Epidemic: Challenges and Opportunities.”
- A Senate Aging Committee hearing on “Opioid Use Among Seniors – Issues and Emerging Trends.”
- A Senate HELP Committee hearing on the “Zika Virus: Addressing the Growing Public Health Threat.”
- A House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing to review ACA Consumer Operated and Oriented Plans (CO-OPs).
Looking ahead, the Energy and Commerce Committee has scheduled a March 1 hearing on “Examining the Financing and Delivery of Long-Term Care in the U.S.”