Sarif Biomedical LLC v. Brainlab, Inc., et al., C.A. No. 13-846-LPS, August 26, 2015.
Stark, C.J. Claim construction opinion.
The following terms of U.S. patent No. 5,755,275 were construed:
- An articulated tool support
- A reference frame Rp of a patient/patient reference frame Rp
- A function of the position of a reference frame Rp of a patient in the fixed reference from reference frame Rc
- Control position and displacements of the tool as a function of control signals originating from a control unit, where the fixed reference frame Rc is independent of the patient reference frame Rp and the image reference frame Ri
- determine correspondence of a reference frame Ro of the tool with the patient reference frame Rp and the image reference frame Ri as a function of the signal from the at least two sensors
- visualization of position of the tool in the image reference frame Ri
- means for determining coordinates of the tool in the fixed reference system Rc based on date from the image data base