On December 17th, 2015, Call for Bidders No. CNH-R01-C04/2015 was published in Mexico’s Federal Official Gazette. The National Hydrocarbons Commission ("CNH"), is inviting interested local and international private companies as well as state productive companies, to participate in the international public tender (the "Tender") for the award of hydrocarbon exploration and extraction license contracts regarding ten contractual areas in deep waters.
The bidding rules, also published today in the CNH Ronda 1 website ("Bidding Rules"), contain (i) the minimum technical, financial and experience requirements that interested parties must meet to participate in the Tender, (ii) the calendar for the bidding procedures as well as (iii) the corresponding license contract model (the individual and association model). The most relevant dates included in the Bidding Rules are the following:
- Request to access the data room and payment of the corresponding fees: January 6th, 2016 - April 15th, 2016.
- Payment of registration fees and pre-qualification scheduling date: January 6th, 2016 - May 13th, 2016.
- Submittal of pre-qualification documents: June 14th, 2016 - July 1st, 2016.
- Review by CNH of pre-qualification documents: July 4th, 2016 - August 22nd, 2016.
- Publication of the list of pre-qualified interested parties of the bidding process: August 24th, 2016.
- First clarification stage (access to the information of the data room): December 17th, 2015 - April 1st, 2016 (the deadline to submit questions is March 25th, 2016).
- Second clarification stage (pre-qualification and conformation of bidders): January 6th, 2016 - June 3rd, 2016: (the deadline to submit questions is May 27th, 2016).
- Third clarification stage (submission and opening of proposals, award and contract): January 6th, 2016 - October 26th, 2016 (the deadline to submit questions is October 21st, 2016).
- Period to request authorization to the CNH for the conformation of bidders: August 25th, 2016 - September 29th, 2016 (the deadline to resolve such request is October 6th, 2016).
- Submittal and opening of proposals: To be defined on the first trimester of 2016.
- Award: No later than 2 business days following the submission and opening of proposals.
- Execution of agreements: Within the next 90 calendar days following the publication of the award on the Federal Official Gazette.
According with the Bidding Rules, it will not be necessary to pay the fees for access to the data room of this Tender, if access and use to certain information of the National Center of Hydrocarbons Information has ben paid, as long as the aggregate of such payment amount is equal or higher than the cost of the access to the data room.