Senate Legislative Activity
On Monday, January 26, the Senate will convene at 4:30pm. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of S.1, the Keystone bill. The filing deadline for first degree amendments to the bill is 3:00pm on Monday, with the second degree amendment deadline set for 5:00pm. A roll call vote will occur at 5:30pm on the motion to invoke cloture on Amendment #2, which was filed by Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK).
House Legislative Activity
On Monday, January 26, the House will meet at 12:00pm for morning hour and 2:00pm for legislative business, with votes postponed until 6:30pm.
The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 514 – Human Trafficking Prioritization Act;
- H.R. 515 – International Megan’s Law to Prevent Demand for Child Sex Trafficking;
- H.R. 357 – Human Trafficking Prevention Act;
- H.R. 468 – Enhancing Services for Runaway and Homeless Victims for Youth Trafficking Act of 2015;
- H.R. 469 – Strengthening Child Welfare Response to Trafficking Act of 2015; and
- H.R. 246 – To improve the response to victims of child sex trafficking.
On Tuesday, January 27, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and 12:00pm for legislative business. The House will consider H.R. 351 – LNG Permitting Certainty and Transparency Act (Subject to a Rule). Additionally, the following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 398 – Trafficking Awareness Training for Health Care Act of 2015;
- H.R. 460 – Human Trafficking Detection Act of 2015;
- H.R. 350 – Human Trafficking Prevention, Intervention, and Recovery Act of 2015;
- H.R. 159 – Stop Exploitation Through Trafficking Act of 2015, as amended;
- H.R. 181 – Justice for Victims of Trafficking Act of 2015, as amended; and
- H.R. 285 – Stop Advertising Victims of Exploitation Act of 2015.
On Wednesday, January 28, the House will meet at 9:00am for legislative business, with last votes expected no later than 3:00pm. The House will consider H.R. 399 – Secure Our Borders First Act of 2015, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule).
The House will meet in pro forma session on Thursday and Friday, January 29 and 30. No votes are expected.
Separately, House Democrats will hold their annual legislative retreat in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from January 28-30.