The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation is offering webinars at no cost to help private employers transition into the new prospective billing system. These one-hour webinars will be offered throughout July and August. Registration is free and can be completed here.
These webinars will provide answers and details about prospective billing, including:
- the benefits of prospective billing to employers;
- how your company can receive free workers’ compensation coverage through a transition credit;
- transition timelines and important dates;
- essential information and new requirements for payroll reporting; and
- changes to deadlines for rating plans and Bureau of Workers’ Compensation programs.
As Bricker & Eckler previously reported, under the new prospective system, businesses will be billed prior to coverage instead of the current practice of billing employers in arrears. The first payment for private employers under prospective billing is due August 31, 2015.