Penny Mordaunt MP has been appointed as Minister of State for Disabled People, Health and Work with responsibility for oversight of HSE.
This new title reflects the broader portfolio she is taking on, which will include all areas related to supporting disabled people and those with long-term health conditions.
The minister’s responsibilities include:
- cross-government disability issues
- disability employment, including Disability Confident, Work Choice, Access to Work, the Work and Health Programme and mental health in the workplace
- support for those at risk of falling out of work, including Fit for Work and Statutory Sick Pay
- financial support for sick and disabled claimants, including within:
- Universal Credit
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Attendance Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Carer’s Allowance
- specific welfare and health-related issues, including the Mesothelioma Payment Scheme, Motability and oversight of the Health and Safety Executive.
The minister forms part of a DWP ministerial team, which also includes Damien Hinds MP as Minister of State for Employment.