- The next FCC Open Meeting will be July 15, 2010. The tentative agenda, available here, lists three items, including a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking regarding rural health care reform, and a Notice of Inquiry and Notice of Proposed Rulemaking regarding spectrum flexibility in satellite services.
- On June 22, 2010, Chairman Julius Genachowski announced that Geoffrey Blackwell will return to the FCC to head its new initiatives for tribal lands, including bringing broadband to all Native American communities. Mr. Blackwell is a recognized expert in the field of Tribal economic infrastructure development, and had previously worked on Tribal issues at the FCC. To read the News Release regarding this new appointment, click here. To read Commissioner Copps’ statement praising the choice, click here.
- The FCC will hold a public forum on the NBC Universal-Comcast merger on July 13, 2010, from 1:00 to 8:00 p.m. Central at Northwestern University Law School. For more information, click here.
- On July 26 and 27, 2010, the FCC and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will hold a public meeting on the “Impact on Regulation of Converged Communications and Health Care Devices” as part of the National Broadband Plan’s recommendation to use the power of broadband to improve health care. The meeting is scheduled for 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. each day in the FCC Commission Room, located at 445 12th Street, SW, Washington, DC.
Register Now As you are not an existing subscriber please register for your free daily legal newsfeed service.Register
If you have any questions about the service please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lexology Customer Services on +44 20 7234 0606.
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) announcements
- Arent Fox LLP
- Ross A. Buntrock , Jonathan E. Canis , Alan G. Fishel , Michael B. Hazzard , Stephanie A. Joyce and Jeffrey E. Rummel
- June 28 2010
If you are interested in submitting an article to Lexology, please contact Andrew Teague at email@example.com.