DALLAS — Daniel Rabun, Chairman of the Board, Golar LNG Ltd. and Director, Apache Corporation, delivered the keynote address at Doing Business Globally this morning on how a company can improve its safety performance.
Whether expanding your company abroad, adding to the talent base or adapting to a new technology, safety performance should be a main focus. The number one factor affecting a company’s safety performance: culture.
Key tips for improving your company’s performance:
- Communicate with your employees.
- Promote a unified company mentality.
- Plan and manage talent development.
- Implement safety and leadership training programs.
- Promote a company culture that embraces change. Don’t be rigid.
- Be adaptable to new markets and new technology.
- Share and reinforce vision and values with your employees.