Senate Legislative Activity
On Monday, January 12, the Senate will convene at 2:00pm. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to S.1, the Keystone bill. The time will be equally divided and controlled in the usual form until 5:30pm, at which time the Senate will hold a roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to S.1, the Keystone bill.
Separately, Senate Democrats will hold their annual legislative retreat in Baltimore, Maryland from January 14-16.
House Legislative Activity
On Monday, January 12, the House will meet at 12:00pm for morning hour and 2:00pm for legislative business, with votes postponed until 6:30pm.
The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 203 – Clay Hunt SAV Act; and
- H.R. 33 – Protecting Volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Responders Act.
On Tuesday, January 13, the House will meet at 10:00 am for morning hour and 12:00pm for legislative business. On Wednesday, the House will meet at 9:00am for legislative business, with last votes expected no later than 3:00pm.
The following legislation will be considered:
- H.R. 185 – Regulatory Accountability Act of 2015 (Subject to a Rule)
- H.R. 37 – Promoting Job Creation and Reducing Small Business Burdens Act (Subject to a Rule)
- H.R. 240 – Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2015 (Subject to a Rule)
The House is not in session on January 15 and 16.
Additionally, House and Senate Republicans will hold a joint- legislative retreat in Hershey, Pennsylvania from January 14-16.