The National Government issued the Decrees 2731 and 2732, by means of which it established the minimum monthly statutory salary for year 2015 as well as the transportation allowance. Minimum monthly statutory salary was increased in 4.6 percent, while the transportation allowance was increased in 2.78 percent.
Actions to consider
- Employers must readjust their payroll systems and include the new minimum monthly statutorysalary.
- Employers must take into account the new minimum integral salary when hiring new personnel and, where applicable, must increase current salaries to meet the minimum.
- Employers must consider the modification on the minimum monthly salary and the transportation allowance for all the payments related to the salary.
What do the Decrees say?
The National Government issued the Decrees 2731 and 2732, by means of which it established the minimum monthly statutory salary in place for year 2015. The monthly amounts in force since January 1, 2015 are the following:
- Minimum monthly statutory salary: COL644.350.
- Statutory transportation allowance: COL74.000.
Impact of the variation in other values
The increase of the minimum monthly salary has an impact in the following values for year 2015:
- Nominal increment of the minimum statutory salary: COL28.350.
- Real growth of the travel allowance: COL2.000.
- Minimum statutory daily salary: COL21.478.
- Value of the minimum statutory salary per ordinary hour: COL2.685.
- Value of the minimum statutory salary per daily extra hour: COL3.356.
- Value of the minimum statutory salary per nightly extra hour: COL4.700.
- Value of the minimum statutory salary per ordinary hour with nightly surcharge: COL3.625.
- Minimum integral salary: COL8.376.550.
The percentage of the quotations to the social security system in pensions for the employees will continue the same as the percentage for 2014. This is the 16 percent (12 percent in charge of the employer and four percent in charge of the employee). The employer must calculate the quotations with a minimum base of a monthly minimum statutory salary and maximum of 25 minimum monthly legal salaries (for year 2015 COL16.108.750).
For the quotations to the social security system in health, in accordance to Law 1607 of 2012 and Decree 1828 of 2013, it is incorporated that the employers with two or more employees in their charge wont have any longer the duty corresponding to the quotation to the social security system in health of 8.5 percent for the employees earning less than 10 minimum monthly legal salaries (for year 2015 COL6.443.500).
The employees with a salary equal to or above four minimum monthly legal salaries (COL.577.400) must pay a contribution to the Solidarity Pension Found equivalent to the one percent. Employees with salaries equal to or more than 16 minimum monthly statutory salaries (COL10.309.600) will have an additional contribution which amount varies from 0.2 percent and one percent depending on each employee’s monthly income.