Senate Legislative Activity
On Monday, November 2, the Senate will not be in session. The Senate will instead meet on Tuesday, November 3, at 10:00am. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to S.1140, Federal Water Quality Protection Act, with the time until 12:30pm equally divided between the two Leaders or their designees.
At 12:30pm, the Senate will recess for the weekly caucus meetings. At 2:15pm, the Senate will meet, with the time until 2:30pm equally divided. At 2:30pm, there will be a roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to S.1140.
House Legislative Activity
On Monday, November 2, the House will meet at 12:00pm for morning hour and at 2:00pm for legislative business, with votes postponed until 6:30pm. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 3361 – Department of Homeland Security Insider Threat and Mitigation Act of 2015, as amended;
- H.R. 3505 – Department of Homeland Security Clearance Management and Administration Act;
- H.R. 3598 – Fusion Center Enhancement Act of 2015, as amended;
- H.R. 3144 – Partners for Aviation Security Act, as amended;
- H.R. 3503 – Department of Homeland Security Support to Fusion Centers Act of 2015, as amended;
- H.R. 2494 – Global Anti-Poaching Act, as amended;
- H.R. 1853 – To direct the President to develop a strategy to obtain observer status for Taiwan in the International Criminal Police Organization, and for other purposes;
- H. Res. 293– Expressing concern over anti-Israel and anti-Semitic incitement within the Palestinian Authority, as amended; and
- H. Res. 354– Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding the safety and security of Jewish communities in Europe, as amended
On Tuesday and Wednesday, November 3-4, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and 12:00pm for legislative business. On Thursday, November 5, the House will meet at 9:00am for legislative business, with last votes expected by 3:00pn. The House will consider legislation related to: (1) the Highway Trust Fund; and (2) the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). Additional legislative items are possible.
On Friday, November 6, no votes are expected in the House.