New or updated materials on ATO website, including:
- Rulings issuing this Wednesday - including final ruling on special conditions for various entities whose ordinary and statutory income is exempt (previously issued in draft as TR 2014/D5), as well as class rulings, addendum and withdrawals. The ATO has also advised that it will issue a final practice statement on transfer pricing matters (specifically, the approval process for the application of subsections 815-130(2) to 815-130(4) of the ITAA 1997) on Thursday.
- New ATO Interpretative Decisions:
- ATO ID 2015/8: Income tax: CGT small business concession: small business participation percentage - trust where entities have entitlement to all income and capital of the trust
- Withdrawn ATO Interpretative Decision:
- ATO ID 2002/888 (Withdrawn): Employee Share Scheme - rights granted by third party to employee under contractual arrangement
- SuperStream data and standards
- Reinventing the way we manage tax disputes - speech by First Assistant Commissioner, Review and Dispute Resolution, Debbie Hastings on 20 February 2015 regarding the ATO's approach to dispute resolution and an overview of recent initiatives such as the independent review of large business audits.