Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$user_url in /nas/content/live/bmckenziewp/wp-content/themes/shared.php on line 55
On August 25, 2016, the Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) published in the Federal Register a notice indicating that USTR is prepared to receive petitions to modify the list of articles that are eligible for duty-free treatment under the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) program and to modify the GSP status of certain GSP beneficiary developing countries because of country practices [Docket No. USTR-2016-0009]. USTR also is prepared to receive petitions requesting waivers of competitive need limitations (CNLs). In addition, USTR is seeking public comments and will convene a public hearing to receive additional information and stakeholder views regarding the potential addition of travel and luggage goods products for more economically advanced GSP beneficiary countries [Docket No. USTR-2015-0013].
In order to be considered in the 2016/2017 Annual GSP Review, the GSP Subcommittee of the Trade Policy Staff Committee (TPSC) must receive petitions by the following deadlines:
- Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 5:00 pm: Petitions to modify the list of articles eligible for duty-free treatment under GSP.
- Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 5:00 pm: Petitions to review the GSP status of any beneficiary developing country.
- Friday, December 2, 2016, 5:00 pm: Petitions requesting waivers of CNLs.
USTR will not consider petitions submitted after these deadlines. Decisions on which petitions are accepted for review, along with a schedule for any related public hearings and the opportunity for the public to provide comments, will be announced at a later date.
A supplemental comment period and hearing will be held to give stakeholders the opportunity to submit further information with respect to the possible addition of travel and luggage goods items as eligible articles for more advanced Beneficiary Developing Countries (BDCs). This will supplement information collected during the 2015 /2016 Annual Review. The schedule for the hearing and public comments is as follows:
- Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 5:00 pm: Deadline for submission of comments, pre-hearing briefs and requests to appear at the hearing.
- Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 9:30 am: The GSP Subcommittee of the TPSC will convene a public hearing on travel and luggage goods in Rooms 1 and 2, 1724 F Street NW, Washington DC 20508.
- Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 5:00 pm: Deadline for submission of post-hearing comments or briefs.
See Federal Register notice for methods of submitting comments.