Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS)
- Registration is open for the Bureau of Industry and Security’s Update 2016, scheduled for October 31 – November 2, 2016 at the Washington Hilton Hotel in Washington, D.C.
- On September 20, the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) published a Final Rule that, among other things, made significant changes related to Information Security in the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- On September 14, the White House issued an Executive Order entitled, “Termination of Emergency with Respect to the Situation in or in Relation to Côte D’Ivoire.
- The Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) will be hosting a webinar to demonstrate its new Commodity Jurisdiction (CJ) (DS-4076) interface on Friday, October 14, 2016 from 2:00 p.m. (EST) to 3:00 p.m.
- To join the webinar, click here, enter your Name and click Enter Room.
- Registration is not available for this event. The webinar will allow for 100 participants, but if you are unable to join the session there is a teleconference line you may use. That number is 1-877-336-1829 with Access Code: 730 766.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- In a Federal Register Notice published on October 3, 2016, CBP announced a delay to the Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) becoming the sole CBP-authorized Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) system for processing electronic drawback and duty deferral entry and entry summary filings. A new transition date has not been announced.
- CBP launched a Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 (TFTEA) webpage, as well as a webpage dedicated to TFTEA Implementation Updates.
- TFTEA was signed into law on February 24, 2016 and is the first comprehensive authorization of CBP since the Department of Homeland Security was created in 2003 with the overall objective to ensure a fair and competitive trade environment.