Companies House has issued an updated set of provisional implementation dates for some of the company transparency and filing provisions set out in Parts 7 and 8 of the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 (SBEE).
We reported back in April on the initial implementation timetable for these provisions and again in July when the date for the prohibition on corporate directors was put back from October this year to sometime in 2016.
The updated provisional implementation dates are now:
- Measures to implement the partial suppression of directors' dates of birth on the public register by excluding the day of birth come in to force (originally planned for April 2016)
- The time it takes to strike companies off the Register will be reduced
- The 'consent to act' procedure for newly appointed directors and secretaries will be replaced by a statement that they have consented to act in the relevant capacity on the appointment and incorporation forms
- Measures to deal with getting falsely appointed directors removed from the register and a new process to deal with a company using a registered office without authorisation (previously October 2015)
- The date from which companies are required to keep a register of persons with significant control (PSC register) has been moved from January 2016. The date this information needs to be filed at Companies House has been moved from April to 30 June.
- The current obligation to file an annual return is being replaced by a requirement to file a 'confirmation statement' and notify any changes at least once every 12 months. This will now come into effect from June, rather than from April as previous stated
- The amendments to the directors' disqualification regime, the statement of capital and the ability for companies to opt to keep information in their registers on the public register at Companies House instead are now all expected to come into force in June rather than April as originally intended
- The prohibition on corporate directors with some limited exceptions will be introduced
- The ability for companies to supply additional voluntary information to Companies House will now not be possible until late 2016/2017 (originally scheduled for April 2016)
More general details on these provisions can be found in ourarticle from July 2014, on the requirements for a PSC register in our November 2014 article and the prohibition on corporate directors in our December 2014 article.
The Companies House press release can be found here.