Stay tuned for this important message about IADS:
With an agreement between the P5+1 and Iran looking more likely with each passing day, the prospect of sanctions relief or even a broader rapprochement between the United States and Iran has resulted in an epidemic of Iran Agreement Derangement Syndrome or IADS.
IADS is a medical condition where the amygdalae, the part of the brain which regulates decision-making, is overwhelmed by false or misleading information regarding the scope of sanctions relief that will be provided to Iran as part of a comprehensive nuclear deal. It has been observed that IADS generally limited geographically to the United States and Iran.
What are some of the known symptoms of IADS?
- For individuals in the United States and Iran suffering from IADS, the condition usually manifests itself on the form of irrational expectations regarding the ability of U.S. persons to conduct trade with Iran after a nuclear deal is signed. This comes despite the fact that it is almost certain that there will be few changes to the U.S. embargo.
- IADS patients may display a militant belief that all U.S. sanctions on Iran are gone and/or will be gone by June 30, 2015.
- Some may even attempt to invest in Iran, or worse convince others to do so as well.
What are some examples of IADS?
- American IADS sufferers may contract the disease while traveling to Iran, returning with outsized expectationsregarding their ability to benefit financially from a nuclear deal.
- Some Iranian IADS patients have announced the formal entry of prominent American auto manufacturers into the Iranian market.
- In some cases, primarily those affecting journalists, it may lead to loss of compliance with journalistic best practices. IADS has been known to result in stories on American “oil delegations” in Iran, which draw exclusively from reports on Iranian state news, with no confirmation from other sources.
Left untreated, IADS may result in civil penalties or even prosecution.
If you or your loved ones display any of these symptoms, don’t wait–contact your local sanctions attorney immediately. They may be able to halt the spread of IADS by injecting patients with a dose of reality.