ESMA has established three Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) with Central Counterparties (CCPs) in Canada and Switzerland who have applied for recognition under the European Markets Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR). It agreed two MoUs with the following Canadian regulators:
- the Alberta Securities Commission;
- the Autorité des Marchés Financiers of Québec;
- the Manitoba Securities Commission; and
- the Ontario Securities Commission.
ESMA agreed one MoU with the following Swiss regulators:
- the Swiss Financial Market Authority; and
- the Swiss National Bank.