Enterprise Act 2016: this Act has received Royal Assent. Most of the provisions come into force on a day or days to be appointed. The Act includes measures that:
- simplify the Primary Authority scheme;
- introduce a target for the total number of apprentices working in public sector bodies;
- allow the Valuation Office Agency to share business rates information about properties and ratepayers with local government;
- reform the Business Rates Appeals system; and
- cap exit payments for public sector workers.
(4 May 2016)
House of Commons Library: Queen's Speech 2016: the Queen's Speech, which outlines the Government's legislative programme for 2016/17, will take place on 18 May. This briefing identifies issues and Bills that may appear in the Queen’s Speech. Forthcoming Bills may include the following topics:
- Academies schools
- School funding reform
- Careers advice
- Higher education
- Local government finance – business rates
- Planning - Compulsory purchase; Garden cities, towns and villages
- Privatisation of the Land Registry.
In addition, several Bills are being carried over from the 2015/16 session, including the Policing and Crime Bill. (20 April 2016)