Oil and Gas
The Department of the Interior has issued a Proposed Rule to establish “minimum standards for accurate measurement and proper reporting of all gas removed or sold from Federal and Indian leases.” The proposal excludes the Osage Tribe. Comments are due December 14.
This Week’s Hearings:
- On Tuesday, October 20, the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee will hold a hearing to consider nominations for the Department of Energy and the Department of the Interior including:
- Cherry Murray, to be Director of the Office of Science at the Department of Energy;
- Victoria Wassmer, to be Under Secretary of Energy;
- Mary Kendall, to be Inspector General at the Department of the Interior;
- Suzette Kimball, to be Director of the United States Geological Survey;
- Kristen Sarri, to be an Assistant Secretary of the Interior (Policy, Management and Budget); and
- John Kotek, to be an Assistant Secretary of Energy (Nuclear Energy)
- On Thursday, October 22, the House Energy and Commerce Committee, Subcommittee on Environment and the Economy will consider the Senate’s bill, S. 611, the Grassroots Rural and Small Community Water Systems Assistance Act.
- On Thursday, October 22, the House Energy and Commerce Committee, Subcommittee on Energy and Power will hold a hearing titled, “EPA’s CO2 Regulations for New and Existing Power Plants: Legal Perspectives.”