- Certificate of Need Program
- AL2015-015, Farragut Dialysis, LLC d/b/a Monarch Dialysis, Montgomery, AL: Proposes to add six in-center hemodialysis stations to the existing 16-station facility for a total of 22 stations. Opposition: None.
- AL2015-016, Bio-Medical Applications of Alabama, Inc. d/b/a Fresenius Medical Care Discovery Dialysis Center, Huntsville, AL: Proposes to expand the existing ESRD facility consisting of 15 stations by relocating one in-center hemodialysis station from Huntsville Dialysis Center and add four in-center hemodialysis stations for a total of 20 stations. Opposition: None.
- AL2015-017, NNA of Alabama, Inc. d/b/a RCG Fort Payne, Fort Payne, AL: Proposes to add nine in-center hemodialysis stations and one isolation station to the existing ESRD facility consisting of 12 hemodialysis stations and two home training stations for a total of 24 stations. Opposition: None.
- Reviewability Determinations and Pending Reviewability Determinations
- Reviewability Determinations
RV2015-013, SouthernCare, Inc. d/b/a SouthernCare Daphne, requests to establish a hospice satellite office in the approved service area of Escambia County. Status: Non-Reviewable.
RV2015-014, SouthernCare, Inc. d/b/a SouthernCare Demopolis, requests to establish a hospice satellite office in the approved service area of Dallas County. Status: Non-Reviewable.
RV2015-015, SouthernCare, Inc. d/b/a SouthernCare Greenville, requests to establish a hospice satellite office in the approved service area of Covington County. Status: Non- Reviewable.
RV2015-016, Covenant Hospice, Inc. d/b/a Covenant Hospice, Inc. Brewton, requests to close their hospice satellite office located at 1023 Douglas Avenue, Ste. 204, Brewton, AL. Status: Non-Reviewable.
RV2015-017, SouthernCare, Inc. d/b/a SouthernCare Cullman, requests to establish a hospice satellite office in the approved service area of Morgan County. Status: Non-Reviewable.
RV2015-019, AseraCare Hospice-Demopolis, LLC d/b/a AseraCare Hospice, requests to relocate the in-home hospice office from 1013 Medical Center Parkway, Medical Arts Bldg. #1, Ste. 101, Selma, AL to 482 McQueen Smith Rd., Prattville, AL. Status: Non-Reviewable.
- Pending Reviewability Determinations
RV2014-028, Surgicare of Mobile, Ltd., requests to add five operating rooms, 20 pre- and post- op bays, and four restrooms and to expand the waiting room and business office. Status: Pending.
Opposition: Providence Hospital filed a letter opposing the Reviewability Determination Request. Mobile Infirmary Association d/b/a Mobile Infirmary Medical Center filed a letter opposing the Reviewability Determination Request. In litigation, CV2014-901553, Springhill Hospitals, Inc. filed Complaint for Declaratory Judgment and Injunctive Relief.
RV2015-018, Regional Health Management Corporation requests to lease space to operate two physicians’ offices and then sublease to RMC-Anniston for operation of a hospital-based Diagnostic Imaging Center offering MRI, CT, General Radiology, and Ultrasound. Status: Pending.
RV2015-020, Southern Alabama Surgery Center, LLC d/b/a Surgery Center South, requests to expand the existing surgery center by leasing 7,569 square feet of shell space adjacent to the existing ASC space, within which Surgery Center South proposes to construct six (6) new additional operating rooms, two (2) of which will be licensed, certified, fully staffed, and operated immediately upon completion of the construction, and four (4) of which will remain unstaffed, and held for future use. The leased space will also include sixteen (16) total bays for pre-operative and recovery care, counseling space, cleaning station, a waiting area, restrooms, and a small physician’s lounge. Status: Pending.
Opposition: Southeast Alabama Medical Center and Dothan Surgery Center, LLC
The next CON Review Board meeting will be held on May 20, 2015.