FCA and Treasury have launched a call for input seeking views on how to improve customer access to financial advice. The consultation focuses on:
- what kind of financial advice consumers want;
- whether there are gaps between the financial advice that consumers want and the financial advice that they can access and afford;
- how these gaps can be closed; and
- what role technology, such as “robo-advice”, could play in improving access to financial advice.As a related exercise, Treasury is seeking input on the demand for public financial guidance. It asks:
- how much demand there is for the public provision of debt, pensions and general money guidance;
- how the provision of public financial guidance should be structured and funded; and
- how the government can make the provision of public financial guidance more effective for consumers.