The Egmont Group published a paper which sets out 100 sanitised cases to highlight the anti-money laundering work carried out by its member financial intelligence units. The cases have been divided into six categories:
- Concealment within business structures.
- Misuse of legitimate businesses.
- Use of false identities, documents or straw men.
- Exploiting international jurisdictional issues.
- Use of anonymous asset types.
- Effective use of intelligence exchanges.
Funds may find the paper of interest in the context of anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing responsibilities.