Senate Legislative Activity
The Senate will meet on Monday, October 5, at 4:00pm. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 5:00pm. At 5:00pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider the nomination of Dale Drozd, of California, to be U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of California. Prior to a roll call vote on confirmation of the nomination, there will be 30 minutes of debate equally divided between the two parties.
As a reminder, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) filed cloture on the conference report to accompany H.R.1735, National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). The cloture vote is expected to occur on Tuesday, October 6.
House Legislative Activity
On Monday, October 5, the House will meet at 2:00pm in pro forma session, with no votes expected. On Tuesday, October 6, the House will meet at 12:00pm for morning hour and at 2:00pm for legislative business, with votes postponed until 6:30pm. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 1553 – Small Bank Exam Cycle Reform Act of 2015;
- H.R. 1839 – Reforming Access for Investments in Startup Enterprises (RAISE) Act of 2015;
- H.R. 2091 – Child Support Assistance Act of 2015;
- H.R. 1525 – Disclosure Modernization and Simplification Act of 2015;
- H.R. 3032 – Securities and Exchange Commission Reporting Modernization Act;
- H.R. 3102 – Airport Access Control Security Improvement Act of 2015, as amended;
- H.R. 3510 – Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity Strategy Act of 2015, as amended;
- S. 1300– Adoptive Family Relief Act;
- S. 2078– United States Commission on International Religious Freedom Reauthorization Act of 2015;
- H.R. 2168 – West Coast Dungeness Crab Management Act, as amended; and
- S. 986– Albuquerque Indian School Land Transfer Act
On Wednesday, October 7, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and 12:00pm for legislative business. The House will consider H.R. 3192 – Homebuyers Assistance Act, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule). On Thursday, October 8, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and 12:00pm for legislative business. The House will considerH.R. 538 – Native American Energy Act, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule). On Friday, October 9, the House will meet at 9:00am for legislative business, with last votes expected no later than 3:00pm. The House will consider H.R. 702 – To Adapt to Changing Crude Oil Market Conditions, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule).