- Local Exchange Carriers (LECs) that maintain switched access tariffs on file with the New York Public Service Commission (NY PSC) are required to update their tariffs in compliance with the FCC Connect America Order (FCC 11-161) by June 15, 2012. The NY PSC appended the rates Frontier and Verizon to the order to assist competitive local exchange carriers (CLECs) with their filings. A copy of the order may be found here. Case No. 12-C-0012.
- Local exchange carriers (LECs) operating in Iowa are required to update their intrastate switched access tariffs to comply with the Connect America Order (FCC 11-161). In this filing, LECs are required to step-down their intrastate access rates to 50% of the difference between the LEC’s intrastate access rates and interstate access rates. The Iowa Utilities Board (IUB) has set a timeline for these filings in order that the new access rates are effective July 1, 2012. LECs that file their own tariffs must file their revisions by today, May 29, 2012. LECs that believe their current intrastate access tariffs comply with the Connect America plan are required to file a letter with the IUB by July 1, 2012, explaining how their existing tariff is in compliance. A copy of the order can be found here. IAC-2012-2214.
- The Maryland Public Service Commission (MD PSC) has ordered all facilities-based LECs to update their intrastate tariffs to reflect the implementation of the Connect America Order’s Internet-protocol (IP) traffic provisions in the Connect America Order (FCC 11-161) by July 1, 2012. These provisions allow LECs to charge switched access charges for all IP-related traffic at interstate rates. The MD PSC warned that LECs that do not make these filings in a timely manner may be out of compliance and will not be allowed to charge for intrastate switched access until their revised tariff is approved by the MD PSC. A copy of the MD PSC notice can be found here. The Connect America Order may be found here.
- The Universal Service contribution factor for the second quarter of 2012 is 17.4%. A copy of the Public Notice announcing the rate can be found here. (DA-12-396).
Register Now As you are not an existing subscriber please register for your free daily legal newsfeed service.Register
If you have any questions about the service please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lexology Customer Services on +44 20 7234 0606.
- Arent Fox LLP
- Ross A. Buntrock , Jonathan E. Canis , Michael B. Hazzard and Katherine Barker Marshall
- May 29 2012
If you are interested in submitting an article to Lexology, please contact Andrew Teague at email@example.com.
"Lexology is one of the few newsfeeds that I do actually look over as and when it comes in - the information is current; has good descriptive headings so I can see quickly what the articles relate to...
"Lexology is one of the few newsfeeds that I do actually look over as and when it comes in - the information is current; has good descriptive headings so I can see quickly what the articles relate to and is not too long."
Senior Legal Counsel, Bankwest Business
Bank of Western Australia Ltd