Senate Legislative Activity
The Senate will convene on Monday, May 9, at 3:00pm. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 4:00pm, at which time the Senate will resume consideration of H.R.2028, Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act of 2016. Time will be equally divided until 5:30pm. At 5:30pm the Senate will vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the substitute amendment #3891 to H.R. 2028.
The filing deadline for first degree amendments to the substitute is 3:30pm on Monday, May 9. The filing deadline for second degree amendments will be one hour prior to the cloture vote, if cloture is invoked.
House Legislative Activity
On Monday, May 9, no votes are expected in the House.
On Tuesday, May 10, the House will meet at 12:00pm for morning hour and at 2:00pm for legislative business, with votes postponed until 6:30pm. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- S. 2755 – Fallen Heroes Flag Act of 2016, as amended;
- H.R. 4063 – Jason Simcakoski PROMISE Act, as amended;
- H.R. 4957 – To designate the Federal building located at 99 New York Avenue, N.E., in the District of Columbia as the “Ariel Rios Federal Building”;
- H.R. 4985 – Kingpin Designation Improvement Act of 2016;
- S. 32 – Transnational Drug Trafficking Act of 2015;
- H.R. 5048 – Good Samaritan Assessment Act of 2016;
- H.R. 5052 – OPEN Act;
- S. 125 – Bulletproof Vest Partnership Grant Program Reauthorization Act of 2015;
- H.R. 2137 – Federal Law Enforcement Self-Defense and Protection Act of 2015; and
- H.R. 3209 – Recovering Missing Children Act
On Wednesday, May 11, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and at 12:00pm for legislative business. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 4843 – Infant Plan of Safe Care Improvement Act;
- H.R. 4978 – NAS Healthy Babies Act, as amended;
- H.R. 3680 – Co-Prescribing to Reduce Overdoses Act of 2016, as amended;
- H.R. 3691 – Improving Treatment for Pregnant and Postpartum Women Act of 2016;
- H.R. 1818 – Veteran Emergency Medical Technician Support Act of 2016;
- H.R. 4969 – John Thomas Decker Act of 2016;
- H.R. 4586 – Lali’s Law;
- H.R. 4599 – Reducing Unused Medications Act of 2016;
- H.R. 4976 – Opioid Review Modernization Act of 2016;
- H.R. 4982 – Examining Opioid Treatment Infrastructure Act of 2016; and
- H.R. 4981 – Opioid Use Disorder Treatment Expansion and Modernization Act, as amended
The House will also consider H.R. 4641 – To provide for the establishment of an inter-agency task force to review, modify, and update best practices for pain management and prescribing pain medication, and for other purposes (Subject to a Rule).
On Thursday, May 12, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and at 12:00 pm for legislative business. On Friday, May 13, the House will meet at 9:00am for legislative business, with last votes expected by 3:00pm. The House will consider:
- H.R. 5046 – Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Reduction Act of 2016, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule);
- Consideration of House Amendment to S. 524 – Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act of 2016; and
- Motion to go to Conference on S. 524, and Possible Democrat Motion to Instruct Conferees