Effective 10 October 2016, IP Australia has announced fee adjustments as a result of a cost recovery review earlier this year.
Fee changes of note include:
- patent renewal fees from the 10th anniversary with:
- a $50 increase in the 10th to 14th anniversary range
- a $130 increase in the 15th to 19th anniversary range, and
- a $250 increase in the 20th to 24th anniversary range.
- national trade mark application fee increase to $330 per class
- trade mark renewal increase to $400 per class, and
- removal of $300 per class trade mark registration fee.
Additional changes to Madrid applications will also come into effect from 28 October 2016. FB Rice will adjust official fees accordingly.
The official update can be viewed here.