Research Frontiers Incorporated v. E Ink Corporation, et al., C.A. No. 13-1231 – LPS, March 24, 2015.
Stark, C. J. Claim construction opinion issues regarding ten terms from three patents.
The disputed technology relates to manufacturing methods. The following terms were considered:
- "light [-]modulating unit"”
- “light valve”
- “liquid light valve suspension”
- “in direct contact with the cross-linked [polymer] matrix”
- “light modulating unit comprising a suspension”
- “heat reflective”
- “said particles”
- “SPD film”
- "the walls are formed of a substrate and the film and the substrate are adhered to one another by coating either the film or the substrate or both the film and the substrate with an adhesive, placing the film and the substrate into contact and adhering the film and the substrate
- “the walls are formed of a substrate and the film and the substrate are adhered to one another by the method of”