The 2016 edition of JCT contracts is scheduled for publication later this year, starting with the Minor Works contracts. Key changes include:
- incorporating provisions (with updating) from the JCT Public Sector Supplement; and
- provisions relating to CDM;
- reflecting the Public Contracts Regulations 2015;
- changes to reflect fair payment principles and to simplify and consolidate the payment provisions, including a new procedure for prompt assessment of loss and expense claims;
- provisions for the grant of performance bonds and parent company guarantees;
- including, as an alternative to warranties, provisions for the granting of third party rights by sub-contractors;
- enabling alternative solutions to Option C existing structures cover issues; and
- incorporating (where appropriate) the provisions of the JCT 2012 Named Specialist Update.
More details of the changes are promised nearer to publication dates.