We have summarised some key employment law changes being made in April 2015.
From 5 April 2015:
- shared parental leave will be available for parents with due dates on or after 5 April 2015 (see our recent shared parental leave briefing)
- the 26 weeks’ service requirement for adoption leave entitlement will be removed
- unpaid parental leave will be extended to parents of children between the ages of 5 and 18
- the rate for statutory maternity, paternity and adoption pay will increase from £138.18 to £139.58 per week.
From 6 April 2015:
- the statutory sick pay rate will increase from £87.55 to £88.45 per week
- the cap on a week’s pay for redundancy and unfair dismissal basic awards will increase from £464 to £475
- the maximum compensatory award for unfair dismissal will increase from £76,574 to £78,335.