Starting from 6 October it is possible to apply for government grants to the Ministry of Economic Development as part of the initiative called “PATENTS + 2” .
These are grants, up to a maximum of € 140,000, given to Italian micro, small and medium enterprises, to finance specialized services serve the economic value of the patent (industrialization and engineering services, organization and development or legal support technology transfer).
They may be required by any company falling in one of the following category:
- il the holder or licensee of a patent issued after 01/01/2013;
- is the holder of a patent application filed after 01/01/2013
- are in possession of an option or of a preliminary agreement to purchase or license a patent issued after 01.01.2013, with a subject, even foreign, which holds legal title on it;
- are newly formed companies in the form of a corporation, as a result of operation Spin-offs/academics, for which there are, at the time of submission of the application, the following conditions:
- equity participation by the university or institution of research, not less than 10%;
- ownership of a patent or of a preliminary agreement to buy apatent or of acquiring a license to use apatent, provided that it has been granted after 01/01/2012 and transferred from the partner university or research institution ;
- the university or the research organization comes within the list of entities supervised by the Ministry of Education.
They may not be eligible for aid those services whose costs were billed, even partially, on or prior the date of the electronic filing of the application.