Order No 26/2015. D.R. (Portuguese official gazette) No 28, Series I of 2015- 02-10
Ministry of Solidarity, Employment and Social Security
This Order revokes Order No 207/2012, of 6 July, and establishes the Medida Incentivo à Aceitação de Ofertas de Emprego (Job Acceptance Incentive Measure), which foresees the granting of financial support to the unemployed who accept job offers presented by the services of Instituto do Emprego e Formação Profissional, I.P. (IEFP, I.P.), or found through their own means.
This Measure is targeted to beneficiaries of the General Social Security Scheme who fulfil the following conditions:
- Receive unemployment benefits;
- Are registered with IEFP, I.P. services for more than 3 months;
- Accept a job offer presented by the IEFP, I.P. services, or find a job through their own means, with a gross salary lower than the unemployment benefit;
- Are entitled, on the effective start date of the activity, to unemployment benefit for a remaining period of 3 months or more.
For the purpose of this Measure, only employment contracts not entered into with an employer with whom the beneficiary has maintained a working relation, which termination led to the right to unemployment benefit; and ensure, at least, the minimum monthly salary and with a minimum duration of 3 months on a full-time work basis, will be taken into consideration.
The financial support consists of granting a monthly amount equal to:
- 50% of the unemployment benefit, during the first six months of the period in which the support is granted, up to the maximum amount of € 500.00;
- 25% of the unemployment benefit, for the following six months, up to the maximum amount of € 250.00.
The beneficiary must apply for the financial support from IEFP, I.P. within 30 days from the effective start date of the employment contract.