On December 17, 2015, the U.S. International Trade Commission (“Commission”) issued a press release announcing their vote to institute an investigation of Certain Arrowheads With Deploying Blades And Components Thereof and Packaging Therefor(Inv. No. 337-TA-977).
By way of background, this investigation is based on a November 17, 2015 complaint filed by FeraDyne Outdoors LLC and Out RAGE LLC (collectively, “FeraDyne”)—both of Cartersville, Georgia—alleging violation of Section 337 in the importation into the U.S. and sale of certain arrowheads with deploying blades and components thereof that infringe one or more claims of U.S. Patent Nos. RE44,144; 6,517,454; 7,771,298; 8,758,176; 8,986,141; D710,962; 9,068,806; and D711,489; and/or U.S. Trademark Registration No. 4,812,058 for RAGE. See our November 20, 2015 post for more details on the complaint.
According to the Notice of Investigation, the Commission has identified the following as the respondents:
- Linyi Junxing Sports Equipment Co., Ltd. of China
- Ningbo Faith Sports Co., Ltd. of China
- Ningbo Forever Best Import & Export Co. Ltd. of China
- Ningbo Linkboy Outdoor Sports Co., Ltd. of China
- Shenzhen Zowaysoon Trading Co. Ltd. of China
- Xiamen Xinhongyou Industrial Trade Co. Ltd. of China
- Xiamen Zhongxinyuan Industry & Trade Ltd. of China
- Zhengzhou IRQ Trading Ltd. Co. of China
- Zhengzhou Paiao Trade Co., Ltd. of China
Lastly, Chief ALJ Bullock issued a notice indicating that David P. Shaw will be the presiding Administrative Law Judge in this matter.