Senate Legislative Activity
The Senate will meet on Monday, September 28, at 4:30pm. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of the House Message to accompany H.R.719. The time until will be equally divided between the two Leaders or their designees. At 5:30pm, the Senate will hold a roll call vote on the motion to concur in the House amendment to the Senate amendment to H.R.719, with further amendment (SA #2689 – clean CR through Dec. 11, 2015).
As a reminder, during last Thursday’s session, Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) moved to concur in the House amendment to the Senate amendment to H.R.719, with further amendment (SA #2689), and filled the amendment tree with date change amendments. The underlying bill is the TSA Office of Inspection Accountability Act of 2015. McConnell amendment #2689 is a Continuing Resolution to fund the government through December 11, 2015. Leader McConnell then filed cloture on the motion to concur with an amendment.
House Legislative Activity
On Monday, September 28, the House will meet at 12:00pm for morning hour and at 2:00pm for legislative business, with votes postponed until 6:30pm. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 1624 – Protecting Affordable Coverage for Employees Act, as amended;
- S. 136– Gold Star Fathers Act of 2015;
- H.R. 313 – Wounded Warriors Federal Leave Act of 2015;
- S.565 – Federal Vehicle Repair Cost Savings Act of 2015;
- H.R. 3089 – Grants Oversight and New Efficiency (GONE) Act, as amended;
- H.R. 3614 – Airport and Airway Extension Act of 2015;
- S. 139– Ensuring Access to Clinical Trials Act of 2015;
- H.R. 2061 – Equitable Access to Care and Health (EACH) Act;
- H.R. 3594 – Higher Education Extension Act of 2015;
- H.R. 2617 – To amend the Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007 to postpone a scheduled increase in the minimum wage applicable to American Samoa, as amended;
- H.R. 2786 – Cross-Border Rail Security Act of 2015;
- H.R. 2835 – Border Jobs for Veterans Act of 2015, as amended; and
- Concur in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 2051 – Agriculture Reauthorizations Act of 2015
On Tuesday, September 29, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and 12:00pm for legislative business. The following legislation will be considered under suspension of the rules:
- H.R. 3596 – Department of Veterans Affairs Expiring Authorities Act of 2015; and
- H.R. 3595 – To extend the authorization to carry out the replacement of the existing medical center of the Department of Veterans Affairs in Denver, Colorado, and for other purposes
The House will also consider H.R. 3495 – Women’s Public Health and Safety Act (Subject to a Rule).
On Wednesday, September 30, the House will meet at 10:00am for morning hour and 12:00pm for legislative business. On Thursday, October 1, the House will meet at 9:00am for legislative business, with last votes expected no later than 3:00 pm. The House will consider:
- H.R. ___ – Justice for Victims of Iranian Terrorism Act (Subject to a Rule); and
- Legislation related to Continuing Government Funding for FY2016
The House may also consider the Conference Report to Accompany H.R. 1735 – National Defense Authorization Act for FY2016.
On Friday, October 2, no votes are expected.