Jennifer L. Curry joins the Maryland Construction Network for this podcast to discuss issues facing employers today regarding the use of social media by employees both during and outside of work. Jennifer discusses the ways their employers must adapt to employees’ use of social media, pitfalls to avoid, and steps employers must take to manage employees in the 21st Century. This podcast addresses the following issues and questions in the context of social media:
- What impact does the Fair Credit Reporting Act have on employers?
- How do anti-discrimination laws apply?
- What liabilities do employers face under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Family & Medical Leave Act?
- How does the National Labor Relations Act apply?
- What is “protected concerted activity?”
- What should employers do to protect themselves from being found in violation of the National Labor Relations Act?
Click here to listen to the podcast.