The Department of State (DOS) released its May 2015 Visa Bulletin which shows the availability of employment-based immigrant visa categories for the month of May. Below is a summary of the bulletin highlights:
- The EB-2 India category continues to experience significant advancement from September 1, 2007 to April 15, 2008.
- The EB-2 China category also continues to advanced significantly from April 1, 2011 to June 1, 2012.
- The EB-3 India category advances only a few days from January 8, 2004 to January 15, 2004.
- The EB-3 World and Mexico categories continue to be aggressively advanced from October 1, 2014 to January 1, 2015.
- The EB-3 Philippines category for the first time this fiscal year experiences a significant retrogression from October 1, 2014 to July 1, 2007. The DOS has indicated that this is needed to contain the use of this category for this fiscal year.
- The EB-3 China category sees further advancement from January 1, 2011 to May 1, 2011.
- The EB-5 China category is cut-off at May 1, 2013. The DOS has indicated that it is possible that this category will see no further advancement this fiscal year and may even need to be retrogressed further.
Comparison to Prior Months
The following is a comparison of priority date movement since the inception of the current retrogression in 2007:
Click here to view the table.